Sunday, February 26, 2006

me old?

Had a very unproductive week studio-wise. Zero progress with zero motivation. I can always kid myself and justify it by saying that the last week was the mid-semester break. Well, I shouldn't really say "last week", because the break is officially from Monday to Thurdays and the new week starts from Friday. This arrangement sounds quite silly on the surface but it becomes MORE so when you consider the fact that what it does is to mess up the whole odd/even week system as after the break, the Fridays becomes out of sync with the rest of the week (as people outside of NUS would see it) . This doesn't affect me much as my classes are mostly weekly, but I pity those students who have classes on alternate weeks and have their beautifully planned timetable spoiled. I don't see the harm in extending the break to a full week and not to mention the amount of administrative hassle and missed classes it would spare thousands of students from. The reason given was something about having to maintain a 14 week semester but I never really understood the full rationale. Not that the NUS oligarchy up there ever bother to clearly explain anything to the students but someone please tell me if you do know.

Slept quite a bit but still feeling damn tired as I'm typing this. Maybe I'm getting old and it could be a sign telling me that I shouldn't do year-out and start becoming a REAL working adult as soon as possible.


As unproductive as I might have been , I did find this great band from Sheffield called, Artic Monkeys. They could be old news to you but I think they are bloody good. But the fact that the band members are all 19 has left me feeling ..............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home