Sunday, January 08, 2006

dawn of a new year


New Year's day is more than a week ago but the year begins for me tomorrow morning when the school semester starts, right after my stint at ar+d had ended last Friday.

Reflecting on the last year, I can surely say it wasn't my best one (especially when compared to the year before that with the months in Sweden, DT studio and some unexpected rewards). School-wise, I had both a pretty good studio and also an awful one but both ended with bad crits. While bad crits are probably not the best thing to go through, it's not something that had discouraged me from wanting to pursue architecture; they in fact make me realize the great amount of subjectivity that one has to face in this field and one needs to know and hold true to what he aims to achieve.

Goods things that happened, made some new friends in school, and some more than mere acquaintances; managed to keep in touch with friends from Lund; a couple of trips out of the country. I'm also grateful to have met Ali and company at ar+d, learnt a lot and got some good advice on work and school.

Hopes for the next year? I don't know. I'll take whatever comes to me, the best things that have happened in my life have been fairly unexpected. I guess no one is ever fully in control of his life. Although one thing that I need to do this year is to to shrug off my post-exchange lethargy which has been bugging me since I returned from Sweden and work harder and be more enthusiatic about the things I do.

Something is telling me that I will make a major life-changing decision this year. I still don't know what it is now but I'll be waiting for an epiphany to come to me.

Enough of my boring post..... have a great new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home