Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Nike SB moron


Either clothing companies are getting more persuasive or people are becoming easier to fleece. I was surfing the net and came across this pair of Nike SBs and my first thought was "This is freaking ugly" and when I saw the price, I almost threw up my dinner. The listed price is 2000GBP which is roughly S$6000 and it is stated as being produced in a limited run of 24. Don't get me wrong, I not against people charging a premium for limited edition products that are well designed, but this really crosses the line of human decency. It is made from the same cookie cutter nike shoe pattern and is hardly more exquisite than the generic SBs. They should have at least chosen a more visually pleasing colourway. Perhaps they have already exhausted all the possible nice colour combinations in the millionss of editions produced over the years. But honestly, I think that they really couldn't care less about producing a beautiful product, because they know that people would buy anything just because it is a limited edition. They even have the cheek to show the made in Vietnam size tag. It is ironic that one of the marks of authenticity of the shoe reveals how hugely inflated the price of the shoes is. The person who sewn the shoe probably got a negligible percentage from the sale of each shoe.

As much as I'm disgusted with it, I'm sure some moron would gladly chuck out wads of cash to add the shoes to his (or her, although unlikely; just think of the pairs of Blahniks and Jimmy Choos the money can buy) massive collection of Nikes. But if your pockets are overflowing and don't mind being a moron, please visit www.camohood.com .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home