Wednesday, July 13, 2005

skyscraping


I've been scraping the sky for the past week, shuffling between this makeshift workstation and the discussion/model-making table, to work on a skyscraper. Although I'm just working on one of the possibilities, I'm really excited to be part of the whole project. The scale and complexity are nothing like what I've done before. And in this first week of work, I've realized that even after 3 years of studying architecture, I still know nothing about architecture. It's really a different thing to be designing for yourself in school and designing for your boss who is in turn designing for someone else who is paying. There is additional pressure to produce work, since it is going to affect the outcome of the deal and possibly significant income loss. Well, I'm not the boss and most the worrrying doesn't really fall on me (although more than enough for an ignorant student). I'm also glad that I have been given time to play around, something that we sometimes have no time for even in school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home