Monday, May 02, 2005

war of the world in singapore




The mothership has landed! Run for your lives!

The new supreme court is approaching completion. I still don't know whether I would ultimately like the building, but right now, I'm leaning towards hating it. First the landing pod below the flying saucer looks almost generic. Second, The cladding on parts of the box looks really weird, natural stone under a piece of glass in a steel frame. And somehow, it lacks the pomp and pageantry that an institution like the supreme court should have. I don't know. Some people might like it just because it is designed by Fosters and Partners but I don't know. I wonder how much of it actually involves Norman foster himself. Most of the work is probably done by CPG anyway. We'll see.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home