Sunday, May 01, 2005

exams' over!




Time to catch up on my reading. But instead of finishing the half read books sitting on my table, I decided to start a new book. Kinokuniya is having a 20% storewide disocunt today and tomorrow at the Liang Court store and what better time to buy a book.

Bought a book called "Why I am not a Christian" by Bertrand Russell, quite possibly the greatest philosopher of the modern time. The title really appealed to me as I've always had objections to the practices of certain Christian organization (which I shall not name). The cover was quite nice too. But I want to state that I am not anti-christ or in some satan worshipping cult, I just don't agree with some of the things they do and claim. And I've remained unmoved despite the many attempts by different individuals to convert me.

Next book on my list, Being and Nothingness by Jean-Paul Satre. That is if I finish my current book before the next semester starts or I can avoid being burnt at the stake for Blasphemy. haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home